DEFINE THE DREAM
Define Your Retirement Dream
The first step to the Advance Capital retirement planning process is the one that’s the most fun. It’s also a vital step, because it provides a touchstone that you and your adviser will use to navigate all of your financial planning decisions.
In this step, we encourage you to dream big. Most people think they need to dive immediately into the financial planning process, but without a clear picture of where you want to be, it’s hard to know if you’re making the right financial decisions. Once you know how you want to live in retirement, your financial adviser can help you create a sensible plan that will show you how to get there.
What’s Your Retirement Dream?
Before you meet with your financial adviser, spend some time writing down what your ideal retirement lifestyle looks like.
- What is the most important thing you want to accomplish in retirement?
- Where do you want to live, if you could live anywhere?
- What have you always wanted to do but have never had the time or resources to do?
- What will you leave for your children and grandchildren?
- Will you learn a new skill or pursue a new hobby?
- Will you travel?
The possibilities are endless, and they’re unique to you. It’s important to take the time to think about your dream retirement lifestyle because planning your financial future depends on this vision.
Make Your Dream Come True
Now that you know what you want your retirement to look like, it’s time to start gathering the information you’ll need to create a financial plan.